Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Monday, April 18, 2011

MUMBLES, RUMBLES, AND GRUMBLES

  • Still trying to find out if the person who hit me two week's ago had insurance.  The insurance information given to the police didn't pan out:  the policy number didn't exist and the company said it doesn't insure private cars.  The state police managed to come up with another insurance company and policy number, but it turns out this policy was cancelled a year ago.  In the meantime, my car appears to be totalled and is racking up all sorts of storage charges from the towing company and the hospital is salivating for payment.  Oh, and we had to buy a new car.  Payments for the next six or seven years.
  • Jason Statham as Westlake's Parker?  He'd make a great Parker, but I doubt Hollywood will make a great Parker.
  • Income tax time.  Thank you IRS for making me realize how little money is coming in.
  • On Randy Johnson's blog Not the Baseball Pitcher, he points out an old Dick Cavett show where Mickey Spillane, Evan Hunter, Robert B. Parker, and Sister Carol Anne O'Marie were interviewed.  Who on television today would have that type of interview?  Craig Ferguson, maybe.  Nobody else.
  • Words I would rather not have heard:  "Let's biopsy this, anyway.  Just to make sure."
  • My GPS does not like Baltimore.  If it had it's way, I'd still be driving around in circles.
  • On pulpetti, Juri Nummelin informs us that Finland has just elected a right-wing Parliament.  He's not happy.  he'll be even unhappier if I'm able to send over the American politicians I want to.
  • Two James bond movies in the works?  O, joy!
  • Best movie I saw recently:  Fair Game.  Best book I've read recently:  The sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie.  Best television show I've watched recently:  a tie between Law & Order: UK and the MHz International Mystery Movies with Inspector Montabano.
  • I have come to the realization that some day I will have to buy a Kindle or some other e-reader.  Dammit.
  • I missed the World Folk Music Concert this year with Peter Yarrow, The Limelighters, Carolyn Hester, Schooner Fare, Steve Gillette, and many others.  I am appropriately bummed.  Even more so because I missed the follow-on concert with The Chad Mitchell Trio and Side by Side, two of the very best groups EVER.I will be walking around witha dark rain cloud over my head, like the Li'l Abner character, for at least a month.
  • The adventures of a dead step-father may be an upcoming blog if I can get permission from the live step-daughter.
  • I can't decide which has the prettiest tone, a violin or a cello, but every once in a while I'd put my money on a mandolin.
  • Donald Trump for president?  Are you kidding me?  Or is just a ploy to keep Celebrity Apprentice on for another year?

1 comment: