Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

OVERLOOK MOVIE: THE PLAINSMAN (1936)

Happy 112th birthday, Gary Cooper!

I am scheduled to have a tooth extracted today, so I have to put on my stoic Gary Cooper face.  In preparation, let's catch one of his films.  This one, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, features Coop as Wild Bill Hickok, with Jean Arthur as Calamity Jane and James Ellison as Buffalo Bill.  (Anthony Quinn, in his second credited film role, played Cheyenne Indian.)

http://archive.org/details/ThePlainsman

Enjoy.

UPDATE:  I still have my tooth.  The dentist called in sick so my appointment has been pushed back two weeks.  Naytheless, I have remained stoic all day.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Stoicism only takes one so far with dentistry...no bullet-removal non-reporting of pain to the medical attendees, now...

    ReplyDelete